Eastman is a small town in the southwestern part of Wisconsin. The beautiful brick church sits along the main drag and is one of three churches in the town. I had the privilege of speaking on Sunday, then sharing a meal with the congregation and meeting with their LBA. Pastor Fred and Sandy were called there three years ago and have worked faithfully and hard to build the congregation. The congregation is unique in that almost all of the church is made up of those in the farming industry and almost all families home school their children. They have an active children’s, youth and young adult ministry that meets weekly. It was good to catch up with Fred and see that he is recovering very well from the heart attack he had just a short time ago. He reports that there appears to be minimal damage and he expects an almost full recovery in a few weeks. That is a remarkable thing, considering his heart stopped and he almost died twice. Thank the Lord for His touch and grace on Pastor Fred.
Year End Deadlines!
· May 10 (postmark) USF payments for the past fiscal year.
· May 15 all Annual Service Reports.
· May 31 all other reports (statistical, delegates, leaders, etc.)
Promptness in reporting is not only required; it is greatly appreciated.
Please pray for:
· Pastor Mary Coolidge who was rushed to the hospital to stabilize her because of problems with her medication
· Pastor Fred Whyte as he continues to heal from the heart attack.
· Northern Lakes Church and Sand Lake Church in the continuing search for a pastor.
· The upcoming General Conference in June.
· Our annual District Conference.
· Our children’s camps, middle school camp, and high school camp coming in June.
May 11 Drop-in Visit (Mother’s Day)
14 Nicaraguan Partnership Committee
17 DBMD Meeting
18 Woodland Visit
28 Church Planting Strategic Planning
Summer Camps and Conferences
June 7-11 General Conference
9-13 North & South Kids Camps
15-20 Middle School Camp
26-27 District Conference
29—July 4 Senior High Camp