Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Team Wisconsin Update 4-9-08
Spooner & The River
Last weekend I had the privilege of dropping in on two northern churches – Spooner and The River. Pastor Ron and Pastor Chopper are giving good leadership to the Spooner Church that continues to make an impact on their community. The church continues to be a leading supporter of Mike and Amy Knox and missions. They are also a leading supporter of the new River Church in Minong, with several of their families becoming a part of this new church.
The River Church officially kicked off a year ago at Easter and they are continuing to grow by touching people throughout the county. Since starting they have gone to two services and are planning on purchasing the building they have been meeting in, with plans to upgrade and expand over the next several months. Pastor Ben is giving good leadership. Ben and Ingrid’s new baby is due in about a month..
Over the weekend I also met with three boards. Pastor Dwayne and the Eau Claire Church continues to experience growing pains in their facility and are wrestling with decisions about future expansion and the possibility of church planting. At Rice Lake High Point, I met with Pastor Channing and the leadership team to discuss their present situation and ministry future. They are in their second year of refocusing on developing church status. I also met with the Northern Lakes leadership team to talk about the transition they are facing with the resignation of Pastor Kevin O’Connor. Pastor Kevin will be going to plant a church in North Carolina. We are praying and working for the Lord’s direction for the new leader for this new, developing church.
Monday Reenie and I met with a pastoral couple to talk about ministry. I also had a lunch meeting with Craig Cooper, our district Evangelism and Church Growth Director, to go over budget and to prepare for the church planting strategic planning meeting with Phil Stevenson in May.
News and Notes
Please pray for:
· Ben and Ingrid Kidder as they prepare for the birth of their child in early May.
· Fred Whyte who had a heart attack last week, and is now home recuperating. The prognosis for a full recovery is excellent.
· The Sand Lake and Northern Lakes churches as we continue to search for the next pastor/leader.
· Erma Clarke who recently lost her husband, Rev. John Clarke, a long time pastor in the Wisconsin District.
· Our newest church planter, Juan Morillo, and his family, as they prepare to settle in Waukesha and plant our second Hispanic ministry.
· Our recent church planter Jason Butler and Transformation City as they bring on additional leaders and supporters in Milwaukee.
· God to continue to open up new places to start new congregations in Wisconsin.
April 10 Budget Meeting
13 Valton LBA, Dialogue
13 Mt. Pisgah LBA
20 West Allis Visit
25-26 Minnesota Men’s Retreat
27 Stone Lake Visit, LBA